FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
If your question about our fire pits, custom spheres and accessories are not answered on our FAQ or frequently asked questions page, please feel free to contact us or give us a call: (888)409-0020.
Do your fire pits burn gas?
Yes. Our fire pits can be purchased with the Liquid Propane Gas (LPG) or Natural Gas (NG) kits (installation not included).
See some photos of the gas fire pits burning.
If you have already purchased your fire pit they can also be converted to either propane gas or natural gas by purchasing a gas kit.
If you would like to view or download the manuals for the gas kits we sell please select from the options below.
How tall are the spheres?
The fire pit spheres range from 37.5 inches to 43 inches high.
The Red Lake is 37.5
The spheres with flat steel bases are 40″ high.
Fire Pits with the craggy tree branch bases are 43 inches high.
Here is a photo from a customer that shows how tall the Up North fire pit is when standing next to it.
Can I buy your fire pits locally?
We have several locations in the USA where you can buy locally. Please see our “Where to Buy” page for locations.
We also have a dealers in Australia, Norway & France. Their information is also on the “Where to Buy” page.
France has exclusive rights to multiple other countries in the EU as well. Please see our “Where to Buy” page for details.
What is the footprint of the fire pits?
The footprint of the Up North & Down Under fire pits with craggy tree branch base:
- 30″ sphere – 27″ footprint
- 37″ sphere – 30″ footprint
- 41″ sphere – 30″ footprint
The footprint of the Sand Dune fire pit is 24 inches.
The footprint of the fire pits with flat steel bases is 18 inches.
– Another Day in Paradise
– A Walk on the Beach
– Tree of Life
– High Mountain
– Hidden (Angel)
– Round Up
– Red Lake
The footprint of the Mini Dune is 8-3/4 inches.
The footprint of Emergence (Dragon) fire pit is 8-3/4 inches.
The footprint of Earth & Sky is 32-3/4 inches.
Which gas kit do I need for my fire pit?
1. If you want to buy the gas kit separately you would first need to choose your gas type.
- Liquid Propane Gas (LPG) or
- Natural Gas (NG) and
2. Then choose your ignition system.
- Match Light
- Electronic Ignition with Remote control and flame sensing technology (Please note this option is not available with all fire pits)
3. Some of our fire pits do not need a burner pan giving you yet another option.
- In the description of the gas kits it will tell you which fire pits are recommended for that particular kit.
When purchasing your fire pit just choose from the dropdown lists the options mentioned above and the correct gas kit for that fire pit will populate along with the price change with your selection.
What is the warranty on the gas kits?
We sell Hearth Products Control (HPC) gas kits to work with our fire pits. The warranty on the Stainless Steel Components * is 3 years for residential and 1 year for commercial use.
For more information on HPC products please visit http://www.hpcfire.com/outdoor/
*Stainless steel components (Fire rings, match lit kits, pans, valve boxes, fireplace grates, nipples, fittings)
Will your fire pits stain my deck or patio?
Your fire bowl has been treated to produce a rust patina finish. This process will continue as your fire pit sits outdoors in the elements, and the finish will harden off after about a month. Until the finish is completed, you may prefer to protect the surface under your fire pit, as it may stain. If your deck or patio gets stained, CLR or a similar product should remove the stain.
Will your fire pit burn my wooden deck?
We do not recommend putting your fire pit on a wooden surface. It probably would not catch fire but may create marks on your deck. To be safe, if you choose to put it on a deck, is to put a heat shield such as decorative stones or pavers under your fire pit. Always check your local fire ordinances as to what is allowed in your area.
Do you post fire regulations for my area?
We provide a link to Ohio fire regulations, but no other states at this time. However, we will be glad to post any others that are provided to us.
- Go to ConwayGreen Municipality Codes
- Select your municipality
- Search for “Open Burning”
What kind of maintenance will your fire pit require? How do I clean out the ash?
It is recommended to empty the ashes periodically because the ashes can be corrosive to the fire pit when wet. It will also help keep the drain hole open.
We recommend using a rounded scoop shovel to clean out the ash. Some people cut the handles shorter for ease of use.
What is your order cancellation policy?
Email cancellations must contain the following: First name, last name, order number, and email address. Please provide contact information so that we may contact you if we have questions in regards to canceling your order. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel a commissioned piece order please see “What is your return policy on custom work?” below.
Every effort will be made to accommodate the cancellation of your order, providing your order has not been shipped out. In the event that a cancellation was submitted (via email or phone), and your order was shipped out after, we will gladly refund the complete balance charged including shipping. However, if the cancellation was documented as received after the order was shipped, we will refund the merchandise total less shipping.
What are your return and damage policies?
- You may return your unused item in its original condition and packaging within 30 days of receipt.
- Please request a return by emailing email@example.com.
- Unless your item is received damaged, or there was some error on our part, you will be responsible for all return shipping costs.
- Because refunds will not be issued in full for items damaged in return shipping or returns that are never received, we highly recommend that you insure all return shipments and provide The Fire Pit Gallery with the shipment tracking number.
- Unless damaged in shipment all international sales are final. The cost of return shipping is always higher than the cost of the fire pit itself.
- All items are shipped to you in the best possible packaging to ensure that you receive your purchase in perfect condition. Upon receipt, please inspect your package closely.
- If you receive a damaged item, The Fire Pit Gallery will assist you in receiving a replacement or refund as quickly as possible – at no cost to you.
- Should you observe significant damage to the outer packaging, please reject the shipment and have the carrier return it.
- If there is minor damage to the packaging, please indicate as such when you sign for the shipment.
- In the unlikely event that you find your product to be damaged upon opening it please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please notify The Fire Pit Gallery of any damages on the product or packaging within 5 days of receipt.
Do you create custom designs or commissioned pieces?
Yes. We would love to partner with you to make your design idea a reality. Our custom designs start at $200 over the price of a bowl on the website and could go up from there depending on the design. For example, a sphere on the website sells for $1,850.00 so a custom design would start at $2,050. We will give you an exact quote when the design has been agreed upon by both parties.
We require a $100 nonrefundable deposit for custom designs. We also require full payment, with the deposit being applied to the purchase price, to place your order. Allow anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months lead time before your order ships. For the current lead time please refer to the banner at the top of our website.
For your convenience, click this link to make a deposit. Select “Custom Designs – Commissioned” for when you are ready to get started.
Please be aware that we cannot create a fire pit with any trademarked or copyrighted images such as sports teams.
How long will it take to get my order?
Most fire pit are hand drawn by Melissa and then hand cut with a plasma torch. Because these are all unique works of art they cannot be rushed. We are proud of every fire pit that goes out of door and we need to allow time to make sure your fire pit is perfect.
Lead Time: Varies – 2 weeks to 6 months. – Please check the banner at the top of our site for current lead times.
In addition to the lead time, please allow for the actual shipping time, which can vary from 1-15 business days for the continental USA depending on where it is being delivered and longer for most international shipping.
- Items that ship sooner:
- Ships within 5 business days
- Fire Pits
- Druids Dream 30″ firebowl
- Rack of Fire 30″ firebowl
- Sounds of Fire 30″ firebowl
- Antler Mount Kits
- Artist Prints
- Coffee Table Books or Calendars
- Fire Pits
- Ships within 15 business days
- Fire Pits
- Mini Dune – 24″ firebowl
- Sand Dune – 36″ firebowl
- Fire pit accessories
- gas kits (if not ordered with fire pit)
- burner pans (if not ordered with fire pit)
- roasting sticks
- Fire Pits
- Ships within 5 business days
- Items that ship sooner:
Do you ship internationally using ocean freight?
Yes, we can ship using ocean freight to most countries. Free shipping only includes the 48 contiguous United States. See below for the list of countries we have set up in our store. If you wish to ship to another country not included in our list below, please contact us for a shipping quote.
Ocean freight is much less expensive than air freight. We ship to your nearest sea port. The shipping rate includes sea freight to the nearest port/terminal, insurance and the ISPM-15 Certified Wood Crate required, but will not include customs broker fees, import taxes, tariffs, or any fees incurred at the destination port. If you have a customs broker, they can get those numbers for you. Please be aware that this ships to a port and does not include freight shipment inland to your location. Customs clearance and shipment to the final destination can be arranged by the contact person at your destination port but is not included in our shipping cost.
Right now, we have the following countries set up on our website, but soon hope to have more added. To find the rate to ship to your country, please begin the checkout process. When you have entered your country and province or state the shipping amount should show up. Please read all of the relevant information before you submit your order. If you choose not to order at that time simply empty your shopping cart or exit the checkout process. Thank you.
- Australia – Please see our Australia Dealer to order and for pricing. http://thefirepitgallery.com.au
- Bahrain – 1 Port
- Khalifa Bin Salman Port – Transit time 38-45 days
- Denmark – 2 Ports
- Aarhus – Transit time 25-30 days
- Copenhagen – Transit time 24-29 days
- France – See our dealer in France to order and for pricing for the following countries: http://www.braseros-design.com/
- The Netherlands
- Germany – Please see dealer for France to order and for pricing
- Ireland – 2 Ports
- Cork – 22-27 days
- Dublin 16-21 days
- Lithuania – 1 Port
- Macedonia – 1 Port
- Skopje – Transit time 40-45 days
- The Netherlands (Holland Please see dealer for France to order and for pricing
- New Zealand – 3 Ports
- Auckland – 31-33 days
- Christchurch – 34-36 days
- Wellington – 33-35 days
- Norway – 4 Ports – Please see our Norway dealer to order and for pricing: The Fire Pit Gallery – Norway
- Gdansk – Transit time 30-35 days
- Gdynia – Transit time 32-37 days
- Warsaw – Transit time 29-34 days
- Qatar – 1 Port
- Doha – Transit time 38-43 days
- Spain – Please see dealer for France to order and for pricing
- Sweden – 3 Ports
- Göteborg / Gothenburg – Transit Time 21-26 days
- Malmo – Transit Time 30-35 days
- Stockholm – Transit time 24-29 days
- Switzerland – Please see dealer for France to order and for
- Thailand – 1 Port
- Bangkok – Transit time 35-40 days
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) Transit time 31-36 days for all ports
- Abu Dhabi
- Jebel Ali
- United Kingdom (UK) – 6 Ports/Terminals
- England – 3 Ports
- Liverpool – Transit time 19-24- days
- London – Transit time 19-24- days
- Manchester – Transit time 20-25 days
- Wales via Port of London (request quote)
- Scotland – 2 Ports
- Aberdeen – Transit time 28-34 days
- Glasgow – Transit time 17-19 days
- England – 3 Ports
- Vietnam – 2 Ports
- Hai Phong – Transit time 42-44 days
- Ho Chi Mihn – Transit time 39-41 days